about

Here at Funkey Monkey Boutique Blog you will find my creative work. Not the everyday stuff you see on my website or in my etsy shop... but items I make when feeling creative and want to do something new, different, unique.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Minky Patchwork Rag Blanket ( Cowgirl )

Click Here & see blanket in Etsy Shop

Going though my scrap bins the other night I noticed I had a bunch of minky scraps that are now dis-continued, not being made & hard to find.. I didn't have enough to make pants or a dress with them, but wanted to do something special with them. Here is what I came up with for the dis-continued Cowgirl print and dis-continued Pink / Brown cow print.


When I started this blanket I forgot how long these things take to make! There is a 3rd minky layer you can't see. Its hidden in between the top patchwork and bottom pink backing. All those squares took foooorever to cut out. :P


All in all, think I have just over 10 hours in this blanket. It was so worth it though. Turned out really cute and is soooo thick with the hidden 3rd minky layer. It will keep someones Princess nice and warm!

No comments: